Central and New West End Synagogues are delighted to present a lecture by Rabbi Joseph Dweck, Senior Rabbi of the S&P Sephardi Community of the United Kingdom. Of…
The Lost Shtetl Project – 12th September
“Lost Shtetl” is a unique Lithuanian Jewish Culture and Heritage project carried out by the NGO, Šeduva Jewish Memorial Fund – www.lostshtetl.com
The key elements of the project are:
- The restoration of the Old Jewish Cemetery in Šeduva
- The dedication of three monuments at the town’s mass murder sites
- A monument in the center for the Jews of Šeduva
- The Šeduva Jewish Museum, “Lost Shtetl”
- A historical monograph of Šeduva Jews
- The documentary by Saulius Beržinis, Petrified Time
The project is unique on a European scale and is already included in the prestigious list of European memorial sites compiled by the Berlin Holocaust Memorial Information Center.
Monday 12 September 2016, 7:30 pm
Central Synagogue, 36-40 Hallam Street, London W1W 6NW
Book via Central Synagogue Office: 020 7580 1355
Sergey Kanovich, is a Vilnius born poet and essayist. In the early 90s he moved to Israel. He holds a BA from Vilnius State University, Faculty of Philology. Sergey has worked in Belgian and Israeli hitech companies. For the past few years Sergey has dedicated his time to Lithuanian Jewish heritage related topics. Sergey is a former spokesperson to the Lithuanian Jewish Community and founder of Litvak Cemetery Catalogue “Maceva” and the Šeduva Jewish Memorial Fund.